The present Rue Cambon was built in 1719, joining the Jardin des Tuileries to the great boulevards. At that time, typical, large 18th century private residences surrounded large courtyards. In 1910, Coco Chanel established her first workshops, which are still there today at number 31, thus gaining world-wide recognition for the street in the 20th century. The Castille Paris is a compilation of three houses from the 18th century that were joined together in the early 1990s. This particularity gives the hotel a very residential character in an elegant atmosphere.